Thursday, December 20, 2012

Contentment



If only I had straight hair… if only I were ten pounds thinner… if only that guy in class would notice me. If only. Sometimes our lives are ruled by the “if only’s” and the “what if’s” and the “I wishes.” Paul taught that our true contentment doesn’t come from our circumstances. Rather, it is found in Jesus—knowing him, trusting him and depending on his power for each day. When you focus on Jesus’ priorities and what he wants you to do rather than on what you wish you had, you will find genuine contentment.
_________________

Philippians 4:10-13
I rejoice greatly in the LORD that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed you have been concerned but have had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learnt to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learnt the secret of being content in every and any situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.


Cassandra Falun

No comments:

Post a Comment