Sunday, September 18, 2011

Inspiration ~ Hope

"My name is Serena and I'm eleven years old and I have a disease called Primary Immune Disorder. Your bodies produce millions of white blood cells everyday, well mine only produces hundreds and my immune system doesn't work right and so in order to help I'm getting infusions. Prier to getting sick I could go to church on Wednesdays to be part of the choir for the kids, it was really fine and I could go to church on Sundays also. I wasn't sick every weekend and I didn't have to get infusions and I could play outside with my friends, have sleepovers, go to birthday parties like any normal kid could do. I can't go to birthday parties no more, I can't have sleepovers, I can't even go to my families birthday parties unless it's on a school night because I'm sick every weekend 'cause I get infusions. It's really hard because I don't even get to go to church anymore and that's something I really miss doing. This January my father died on a Thursday... he killed himself in Washington, Pennsylvania. The Police came to our house and my mother went out to talk to him and then she came back into the house with the officer and he was asking questions. My mom told me that something might have happened to daddy. She continued to talk to the Police and a few minutes later she told me he was dead and so I ran up to my room and cried. Now just recently my papa just passed away. Since my dad had died he was very close to me, he was like another father to me and I was very close to him. I was crying, I cried the whole way there and I went and sat on the lil' bench. I couldn't go into the house because the body was still there and I couldn't handle that. Momma went in there to help nana and I just sat on the bench and kept crying. I got to a point where I couldn't cry anymore and I just sat there. I sat there and thought about him... it was really sad. I know some of you know me, I know a lot of you know me because I used to go into church with my little mask on and shake everyone's hands, hugged the preacher and go sit down before the music ended. I miss you. I miss all of you, shaking your hands, hugging you and seeing you. I miss it all. These treatments aren't working. They're not working, I am still getting sick a lot. I need you to pray for me and I need you to think of me... and all of that. My favorite verse is {Hebrew 13:5 -- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, cause God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."} This gives you a sense of comfort because he's always there, even when you think you are alone and you think no one understands... well he does! I'm not angry with God. I know He can do it, He will do it. I just have to have faith and believe in him, if I do he will heal me. It just takes some time."

This girl is an inspiration. She gave me hope as I struggle with everything that I find wrong with me. Trust, faith and belief is all I need and I say it millions of times in one day. He will heal me... but it all takes time. Thanks for everyone that has been there for me and praying for me I appreciate it. This little girl doesn't know us, but she needs prayer. We want to thank God for this little life and we pray that you will remove this obstacle, pray that you will cleanse her and set her free of all sicknesses. Jesus name...

Keep Serena in mind. <3

Love Always and Forever,
Cassandra Falun

1 comment:

  1. Serena's story is all so very touching and sad at the same time. Her faith and belief is so evident. She ends with "it just takes some time." What an encouragement to me in those words. Thank you for sharing Cassandra. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete