Sunday, January 10, 2010

Comfort

  • Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. ~2 Corinthians 1:3-5

You may wonder why God has allowed certain difficulties into your life. Instead of asking why, ask him to comfort you. God comforts us in our troubles so that we can, in turn, comfort others. Think about it. It’s the people who’ve been through the same pain who can really comfort us when we go through something similar. What hard times has God allowed you to go through? Your parents divorced? A problem at work? A poor self image? Get comfort and strength from God, then share that with someone else who’s in a similar situation.



Love Cassandra Falun


Bits and Pieces

Two Chinese Christians were led to torture and death. One quoted Jesus’ words, “It is finished,” in a whisper. His brother answered, No, that’s not what Jesus said when he suffered. He said, “It is accomplished.”




5 comments:

  1. Your words are so right on dear! God has given you a special gift to share. Thank you Cassandra. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cassandra,
    This verse has special meaning for me.....It is my life verse. I have a plaque on my wall in my counseling office that someone made me with this verse on it. When I asked God why I had been through the pain of my childhood. This was what He said. Almost twenty years later He has led many women to me to comfort out of the comfort He gave me.

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does miraculous things... it is niice to know that when I write something someone may be struggling or not know.. etc. and then I write it on my blog. It really shows where God is leadin me in the Bible. He leads me to a place where I can touch you guys in every blog! God bless you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you need is too open up and some days you struggle and your like whats wrong. Dont get me wrong I am not perfect. My blog shows so much and how God shows me what to write, but I still have struggles with God, school, work.. etc. Your blessed, look for it and use it :P its awesome

    ReplyDelete