Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hope

“I remember my affliction and wandering, the bitterness and the gall. I will remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD’S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great in your faithfulness.”

~Lamentations 3:19-23

Few people go through life on planet Earth without feeling the blues every now and then. Can you relate? What was the last thing that made you feel down in the dumps? Because of his people’s sin and their punishment, Jeremiah felt very depressed and hopeless. But remembering God’s faithfulness turned his hopelessness into hope. Feeling hopeless? How has God been faithful to you in the past? Since you do know he helped you in the past, do you think that he’ll let you down now?

Love Notes

“He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

~Isaiah 40:29-31

When you’re feeling worn out and beaten down, come to me. I will refresh you so that you can walk, run, even soar with renewed strength! --Your Hope and Strength

Cassandra Falun

P.S.

“I have seen something else under the sun; The race is not to the swift or the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or faavor to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all.”

~Ecclesiastes 9:11

Why does everyone expect life to be fair, when it rarely ever is? In this sinful world, life isn’t always fair—your response to life is what matters most.

1 comment: