Monday, January 16, 2012

Miracles Are Possible

As I lie in bed staring at the ceiling all I can do is think how things could be different. I think about it all the time, my epilepsy and all. I have been having highs and lows in life and I don’t think that is different than any other person. In the past three and a half years I have been in and out of the hospital or getting blood tests or getting more medications more times than I can count. But, every day I am starting to realise God has a purpose and a way for me to use this disability to show to others how it doesn’t have to change up your life if you don’t let it. Yes, things may change physically, but you will always be you. God has used me to bring people to God and to church. I have been able to share my story and answer the question why are you happy all the time? How can you always smile? I was able to show the strength inside me and the one person who was holding it all together, my God.

My G.O.D is B.I.G!

I have been happy to say that miracles are possible if you just believe. I have been seizure free for almost one year. YAII!!! But, here comes another speed bump. My body can’t stay awake for more than eight hours. I had more blood test, kidney test, liver test, the whole deal. I am happy to say that it is minor but it includes more medication. My iron is at sixteen when it should be at fifty or so and my one medication that controls a lot of my body, Valproic Acid is at two hundred and eighty-seven when it should be between three hundred and fifty and seven hundred.

God gave my little body strength to be a fighter when I was born early and given seventy-two hours to live. He has a purpose for me and I discover more of it day by day.

Keep your chin up because nothing is impossible with God. {Add a little faith}

Cassandra Falun

2 comments:

  1. Amen, God definitely has a purpose for you, you ultimate warrior!! Keep on fighting, never stop. I will keep you covered in prayers. I love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you and my God bless you and please don't scare us with another stroke <3

    ReplyDelete