Saturday, December 12, 2009

Love

  • Written by the Apostle John—A.D. 85, Ephesus, 1 John 4:8-12

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us. He sent his one and only son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love on another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, !God lives in us! And His love is made complete in us.

--- Some things in life you have to do--- and some things you don’t. Well, loving others isn’t one of those things you can get away with just doing when you feel like it. It’s not optional. Because God loved us so incredibly, he requires us to love one another. Whether we feel like it or not. When it’s easy and when it’s hard. Loving others isn’t optional--- it’s mandatory.

  • “Anyone who claims to be in the light but hates his brother is still in the darkness.” ~1 John 2:9

Since God loves everyone, what does it say about your love for him when you totally dismiss someone he sent his son to die for?

…>> Really makes me stumble over myself when I read this cause I have a brother and when I say I hate him or whatever… this is it… it explains it all. Tough to know the truth sometimes<<…

--I thought I would share some random facts and quotes that I found in an old Christian magazine. I clarify them all as bits and pieces.



Bits and Pieces

Prayer is a gift you give to those you love.

  • “With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.” ~2 Thessalonians 1:11

Never give up true friends for new ones.

  • “He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends.” ~Proverbs 17:9

Imagine a world where ability started new everyday. Responsibility. Accountability. Reliability.

  • “Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” ~1 John 3:18

Once and for all… I am not for sale. Got it? I’m me. Not an image. Not a look. Don’t try and sell me. It’s wrong. I’m God driven to seek the truth. And free to be alive… in the Spirit.

  • “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” ~Isaiah 55:9

The guys… the girls. More alike than different.

  • “For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” ~Galatians 3:27-28

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra,
    This is a good verse. I can only do this through his strength. I am thankful that I serve a God of grace and forgiveness.
    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I thought this would be great to share coming up to the Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete