Monday, December 7, 2009

Prayer

  • One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he was finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” ~Luke 11:1

Prayer doesn’t come easily to some people. Like Luke 11:1 says even the disciples asked Jesus how to pray better. And in psalms there are many cries from David for God to hear him. (Psalms 143)

Prayer is something your learn how to do- - just like everything else in life. I am not a master at prayer but I try. Prayer is all about the faith- - believing God hears you even when it doesn’t seem like it. He promises to listen to everything we say, so we all have to trust in that. Our God is near us when we pray. How awesome is that?! He doesn’t just hear us, he is right there with us… wherever you go… shopping, etc. When you find yourself faced with a hard decision or feel hurt and alone- - God is there when you pray.

  • See, I have taught you decrees and laws as the Lord my God commanded me, so that you may follow them in the land you are entering to take possession of it. Observe them carefully, for this will show your wisdom and understanding to the nations, who will hear about all these decrees and say, “Surely this great nation is wise and understanding people.” What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him? ~Deuteronomy 4:5-7

Our God is amazing! All you have to do is have faith, trust, and believe that he is there with you always, even when you pray, even through your struggles, through everything! Our God is an awesome God!



Bits and Pieces

“Our God is an awesome God he reigns from heaven above with wisdom, power and love our God is an awesome God.”




5 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I like your post on prayer. I have been kind of week lately in that area. Thanks for the reminder of how powerful it is.

    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know everything I post are my weaknesses also. I remind myself and try my best to remind others too. Doing this blogging thing is really helping me to read more of the Bible. It makes me feel great, makes me feel like all the weight is lifted off of me from all the things that have happened this year. I am very greatful you stopped by.

    With lots of love,
    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cassandra, I totally agree....Our God is amazing - He is what makes me strong. He is what gives me peace. I never had any peace. And He was the One who filled the huge hole in my sole. Have an awesome day. Sarah

    ReplyDelete