Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Past

· By the time Lot reached Zoar, the sun had risen over the land. Then the Lord rained down burning sulphur on Sodom and Gomorrah—from the Lord out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities—and also the vegetation in the land. But Lot’s wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt.

· ~Genesis 19:23-26

When in friendships or relationships, you feel like God is telling you to move on because of their ways, but you don’t leave immediately or you never do. You want to hold on so tight and never let go. Lots wife was told to run from Sin City and to never look back, but she did and turned into salt. God is looking out for YOUR best interest, if you look back and wonder “what might have been”, it keeps you from seeing “what might be”. When it comes to letting go of your past, one look back can be your last.

When I read this it really struck me, like how immature I was to bring up the past to hurt someone or someone did the same to me… or bring up the past and be scared of the future. The past hurts, prepare for the future. God is there for all of us, be strong because I know you’re a survivor.



Bits and Pieces

* Wait on God, and you will see His excellent plans unfold! *



7 comments:

  1. Hi Cassandra,
    Trying to listen to the shepard's voice, too. To listen and follow without hesitation. Some days are definitely better than others.

    I like that you are a Jesus Freak....Me, too. I love that song, too.
    Blessings,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I totally agree, like this is still somethin I struggle with. Some days are better than others... I love the song too :) Thanks for coming by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said my survivor friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are awesome - thank you for laying your heart here and for this insight. I knew many times to move on but couldn't. It's a tough lesson to get. In your corner, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem... the Bible is amazin, thank God!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, read this over a couple of times! Gret post Cassandra. Appreciate your Bits and Pieces. Always an encouragement of truth. Thank you. Blessings and hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks :) You guys are my encouragment appreciate that you come by <3

    ReplyDelete