Friday, February 26, 2010

Forgiveness

  • While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “LORD Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “LORD, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep. And Saul was there, giving approval to his death. ~Acts 7:59-60
.

Put yourself in Stephen’s place. He looked up into the angry faces of the mob that hated him. He locked eyes with his murderers as they pummeled his body with stones. Yet he asked God to forgive them. How is that humanly possible, to forgive someone for something so heinous? It’s only possible through Jesus, the one who did it first. Even dying, Stephen followed his Saviour’s example.

.

  • Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.” And they divided up his clothes by casting lots. ~Luke 23:34
.

God can transform your heart and your attitudes in ways that might seem impossible to you now. Radical forgiveness is the mark of a follower of Jesus.

.

**Remember** Nothing is impossible with God. All you need is faith.


Love Always and

.

Forever,

.

Cassandra Falun

.

Bits and Pieces

Feel like the world is ending? In those insecure moments every person faces, picture God as your rock. He’s unshakeable. He’s strong. He’s a safe shelter.

.

  • He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he. ~Deuteronomy 32:4

5 comments:

  1. This is such a great reminder. I was just thinking of this today. (smile) Still in process on this one with one particular Mother n law. I am so glad that God is so patient with me. His love is truly amazing.

    By the way, I started a new blog. It is called Surprised by Joy.

    Would love to have you stop by. :)
    Blessings,
    Tammy (Finally Free)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know I will definitely try my hardest... I will go there right now :)... ya I know this post is somethin I think of, like why I am not like him, it's because I am not takin the time to try to be like him and I love God because he has always been there for me and is the most patient person I know :D. I will always look back on these things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Cassandra for sharing. Forgiveness is a toughie. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete